Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Friday! Happy February!

Hey lovelies! Today is a new day, a new month, and it's FRIDAY! Can I get an amen? So if you read my blog you know that January royally sucked for me! I mean I was lost in a funk with a dark cloud hanging over my head most of the month and I paid for it. The ten pounds I had lost came right back in January. Why    does it seem to take forever to lose weight but three or four weeks to put it all back on? Like anything else in life a healthy lifestyle takes commitment, dedication, and lots of hard work. I have recently gotten out of the mood I was in and decided nobody is going to help me. I have to help myself. February is going to bring great things for me because I am more determined and more focused now than ever before! I have realized that I want to do this for me and that I need to give myself a little more attention which is hard for me. I am so busy with taking care of my hubby and two girls that often times I don't do anything for just me. I recently started the C25K program and am on week 2 day 2 tomorrow. I am really enjoying challenging myself and getting some alone time. Plus running is a great stress reliever. Who knew I would actually like it? I can see myself being able to run a 5K later on and I can see myself becoming a runner! WAIT!? WHAT?! Did that just come out of my mouth? Yes I learned you have to take some leaps of faith and see what you are really capable of. It really is amazing what I can already do that I thought not possible. Now don't get me wrong it is hard work, my legs KILL me and I want to stop more than once while doing it. Sometimes I have to walk a little more than I am suppose to on the program but you know what? I am doing it and I feel amazing each time I complete it!! I never really thought I had an AH-HA moment until a week or so ago. I finally got mine and I am pumped to see where this journey is going to take me. 



Ladies do not give up on yourselves. Stay strong and be kind to yourselves. Weight loss is so much more mental for me and once I got past that I feel like I can really get somewhere. You can do it. We all can. 


Have a fabulous weekend!!! XO


Shawna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and leave me some love!